Saturday, February 13, 2010

Release

This has been a difficult week for me with the passing of my friend.  Teresa now walks on the other side of the veil, most likely busier than ever, watching over all of us.  But now I begin to find peace in her death.  I did not know how or when it would come, but I can sleep better now that we have honored her through her last rite of passage for this life. 

Last night we honored her, not for the final time, but for the last time while she was with us physically.  Now it is time to honor her as an ancestor.  She would smile at that, not snicker or scoff, but smile and possibly giggle.  She can no longer deny the titles or designations of wisdom that we will give her.  She truly is an ancestor, one we are very willing to receive advice, wisdom, and solace from.  She was and is my friend and it was my honor to participate in last night's ritual.  It was the beginning of my healing and for that I thank her deeply.

I did not know how powerful the ritual would be, how deeply it would impact me.  But it did.  I know that I do not do the readers justice in giving only snippets of a ritual here, but that is all that I am willing to share, that I'm willing to give.  I will only say that when a flame is snuffed out it leaves a darkness that cannot be imagined until you feel it.  I felt that darkness last night and the rebirth of her soul in the flame of spirit.  Her release was sweet; my release has begun.

I thank you Teresa for all you have taught me, for all you have laughed and cried over, for all you have given, and for all that you will continue to do - in this life and in the next.

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Just met you on Facebook, but am in much pain at your loss. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete